Android Question Can you brick a device by using B4A

Superdries

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

A simple question?? Is it possible to brick an Android device by using B4A (obvious) the wrong way? For example by wrong way of using memory (leak) or any other way.
Since a couple of weeks I'm using B4A to explore what I can do. One day my Sony Xperia ZX1 was dead. Even after charging the device it stayed dark. After some research on the internet I found how to restart it, so the Sony logo became visible and after a minute or so it went dark to restart again over and over. Then I found how to reload the Sony firmware but that didn't help either. It's now in repair so I don’t know yet what was wrong. Is it coincidence or wrong programming

Thanks, Andries

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I've had no bricking, used B4A-Bridge on ~10-12 different devices so far. Mostly cheap no/low-names, plus a couple of Samsungs.

I do have a Sony phone hanging around here somewhere that I haven't loaded B4A-Bridge on, probably not your precise model, but I'll give it a burl anyway.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As i remember lots of Play Market console error logs of my apps - Sony devices always were most buggy, lots of errors registered.
Seems, you corrupted the internal system flash memory of the device. ANd it cannot boot well.

Upvote 0