B4J Question Cannot access private member: download (Solved)

gravel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not a problem or a question because I've already fixed it, but ...

I've just updated my old B4J installation from 5.81 (I think?) to the latest (7.51), to do some changes to an old Non-UI project.

When I loaded the project into the IDE I was getting "Cannot access private member: download" errors for all my Download jobs. The single Download2 job was not errored.

After half an hour head-scratching and pacing up and down I twigged that I had a module called Download, which unsurprisingly looks after all the downloads. Renaming that gets rid of the errors.

So no problem ... but a curiosity all the same that it was OK before but not now.

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not a problem or a question because I've already fixed it, but ...

I've just updated my old B4J installation from 5.81 (I think?) to the latest (7.51), to do some changes to an old Non-UI project.

When I loaded the project into the IDE I was getting "Cannot access private member: download" errors for all my Download jobs. The single Download2 job was not errored.

After half an hour head-scratching and pacing up and down I twigged that I had a module called Download, which unsurprisingly looks after all the downloads. Renaming that gets rid of the errors.

So no problem ... but a curiosity all the same that it was OK before but not now.

Lol, I just did the same thing, and this post helped me :)

Upvote 0