Android Question Cannot find: com.android.support:support-v4.jar

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I upgrade to B4A v 6.0 and I cannot run my old APP. I upgraded the SDK following the instructions for work with B4A v 6.0

I try now to run in B4A V 5.80 my old APP and show the next, error with support-v4.jar. the weir is my error is different than show in this link https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ies-android-support-v4-jar.56864/#post-357876

compare the
Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\libraries\android-support-v4.jar

and my error now in B4A 5.80. I guess the problem is with the SDK , so I copy my old SDK folder the original before try to use B4A V6 , with the same issue.

B4A version: 5.80
Parsing code. (0.55s)
Compiling code. (1.07s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.21s)
Generating R file. (0.75s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Basic4android\libraries\com.android.support:support-v4.jar

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you upgraded any libraries?

It seems that you try to use a library that was written for B4A 6.0 with B4A 5.80. This will not work.

Upvote 0

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, unfortunately, my project not run 100% in B4A Ver 6.0. How I can figure out to work again with B4A 5.80? or I cannot do it anymore. when upgrade the SDK?, for test, I deleted the SDK manager all the android folder etc. and restore from backup and old one, and still with the message.

I deploy in another PC the same.

The android-support-v4.jar is in library folder, but B4A 5.8 now is looking a different file??? . com.android.support:support-v4.jar now I cannot work with B4A 5.8 neither with B4A 6.0 , I think the easy is put to work B4A 5.80 I am 100% stuck. :mad:

HELPP!!!!!!! please.

Upvote 0

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which additional libraries do you use? If they only need android-support-v4 then going back should be easy.
I have problem with Google play services. I install from scratch a new SDK manager and follow the instructions to install a clean B4A. and download the libraries show next image
here
SS-2016-06-21_14.53.36.png

I noticed the pain with google play service 33 I had been reading this https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ces_lib-res-does-not-exist.67126/#post-424867 about the problem with ver 33 delete the folder inside of Android about google play service. and install the ver 29 in place, but the message still there. now if I restore my old google play service from backup, show the message Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Basic4android\libraries\com.android.support:support-v4.jar.

I am working with API 19. perhaps I will need google play service for that API 19, but I cannot found it.

Thanks Crowin helppppppppppp

Upvote 0

Daniel-White

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi corwin42, you right, it is a problem with different libraries, in my case in SDK folder Android / extras etc, with the google play services, when is correct, the message disappear.

I will lclose the thread, I put finally B4A 6.0 to work in my old project. :D
Thanks you for you help. ;)

Upvote 0