cannot upgrade to 6.8

dennishea

Licensed User
@ erel

I can download the licsence but not the program. When I try to log onto site it ignores me. I use user 680 and the password that you sent me.

:sign0148: denny

dennishea

Licensed User
I hand typed, copy and paste with and without the space. It is being evasive.

denny

dennishea

Licensed User
@ Erel

When I click on your link it tells me my mail client is not installed right. Any ideas?

denny

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Possibly you are not using the same computer as you use for your email.

dennishea

Licensed User
@ enonod

I only have one computor. I did however reinstall windows 7 rc 7100.

@ Erel

I am sorry about small print in picture. I think I don't have something set right in windows 7 to allow the transfer and if so I don't know how to adjust for it. I have downloaded 650 with windows 7 on a proir installsion but don't know what the difference is.

denny

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 162

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The link is a direct reference to a zip file. On my (Vista) system after entering the name and password it shows a downloading progress box then opens the download with WinZip because that is what is associated with the zip extension.

What are zips associated with on your system? Do you see the downloading progress dialog after entering the name and password or do you get an immediate error? What is the exact sequence of actions and what is the actual error message?

dennishea

Licensed User
@ agraham

I'm running windows 7 rc 7100. The first time I installed it I had made an associasion with the built in zip stuff. Now in my reinstallsion I can not find program to associate to. I think that what you suggest is the sollution. Does vista have built in zip stuff and if so do you know the name of the program?

denny

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that what you suggest is the sollution. Does vista have built in zip stuff and if so do you know the name of the program?
It does, and so will Windows 7, but it is part of whatever Windows Explorer is now called and I confess that I don't know how to associate it with zips. However if you haven't got an archiver I recommend 7-Zip. As well being free it can unpack more formats than WinZip. It runs fine on Vista so should be OK on Windows 7 as well.

dennishea

Licensed User
@ erel

Thanks erel the download worked fine. Am in hurry to go yard sailing so will install when I get home.

@ agraham

Thanks for the tip, will also try that when I get home.

@ All

Will let you know how it all plays out. Thank you much for all your help.

Denny

dennishea

Licensed User
update

@ Erel

Your last email allowed me access and it installed fine.

@ agraham

Thanks for the tip about 7Z. It still would't let me access download in normal way. I am spending more time on forum for win 7 and hopefully will get a better understanding of how win 7 works under the hood. Thank all for your help this far.

Denny