Can't Compile Access to path denied

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I try to compile a program I get the following error. It does not have access to that path. This is because that path does not exist.

I Uninstalled and reinstalled Basic4PPC but still that error and still that path does not exist.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 224

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you running XP? That path only exists on Vista, and not XP, because for security reasons apps cannot write to "Program Files" on Vista. That path holds the output of the optimising compiler before the final exe is copied to AppPath. It looks like Dbasic.exe thinks you are on Vista. As a temporary fix, until Erel replies, you could try creating that path and see if it works. It won't do any harm.

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry i should have told you I am running vista.
This is the first time I have tried to compile since re-installing vista and latest B4PPC version

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then you should have a "C:\ProgramData" folder. Vista aware apps write to it instead of writing to Program Files and so can run as normal users. Non Vista aware apps that need to write to their "Program Files" folders need to be run as Administrators. I thought it was created on Vista installation but I am not 100% sure - lots of things may break without it :(

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
My bad - that directory and files do exist (I didnt read properly and assumed c:\programfiles)

Anyway file exists but for some reason access is denied. What now?

tsteward

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok just delete the file and B4PPC will recreate it and all is well.

Now my next problem is CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CEnhancedButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I dont even know what CEnhancedButton is