Can't install b4ppc trial

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I was looking for a BASIC that I could operate from my PPC so I found this site.

I'm only using my HTC 9090 (blue angel, Orange SPV M2000 using wm 2003 se)
so want a .cab file installation but when I click on the (cab file) link on the front page using IE it starts to load it up as text in the browser! Below is an example of the beginning of the text, is it me doing something wrong? cheers ... ian

example :

MSCFIq< [AZˆ*©7ˆY BASIC4~2.000`…©±6R€ Controls.008^n3ˆŒ 0000SAVE.007ª^3¨ PICDOW~1.006¸†
7HY Keywords.005;L±6Ëz 0General.004¶;L˜5Ʋ CONSTA~1.003ÆñP7b NUMUPD~1.002·W7oY BASIC4~2.001sÍuÊ€€MSCE©c€¿Ñ›››d
n€Basic4ppcAnywhere Software%CE1%\Basic4ppc%CE2%Start MenuBasic4ppc.lnkBasic4ppc.exeNumUpDown.bmpConstants.txtGeneral.txtKeywords.txtPicDownArrow.bmp SAVE.BMPControls.txt@ArrayList

ArrayList are dynamic arrays which means there size increases as needed.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
>right click

erm... ok, how do I do that using IE on my pocket PC ?

ian

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, tap and hold (which is what I presume you mean) does not give any kind of 'save target as' option ... but nevermind, I used activesync to copy the .cab file over and installed it on my PPC.

Now,,, next problem :) remember that I am a complete newbie to b4ppc ...

The default program as stands is:

Sub Globals

End Sub

Sub App_Start
Form1.show
End Sub

When I choose 'run' from the file menu and initially choose a name for it (Test1) and just choose to save it into main memory .... after this I get an error:

Error compiling program.
Error description: form1 is
not a known control or object.
Occurred on line: 6
Form1.show

Whenever I choose to 'run' it after this I don't get asked where I want to save it but I do get the error.

Any ideas ?

thanks

ian

Last edited: