Bug? Cant remove groups without recycle bin?

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by techknight, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techknight

techknight Well-Known Member Licensed User

Having a problem where if I have a shared folder, and I add that "folder" with its files as a group in multiple projects, If I decide I want to remove it from one of the projects, it keeps prompting to Move to Recycle Bin?

If I click no/cancel it wont remove. of course if I hit yes, its detrimental to my sanity and other projects.

So currently I have to Notepad++ the B4A file and physically remove the entries in the file.

any thoughts on a fix?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Are you talking about the Files tab or the Modules tab?

Files are copied to the Files folder. They are never linked.

3. techknight

techknight Well-Known Member Licensed User

I am talking about this:

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-modules-files-groups-and-folders.86587/

In my top level directory I created a folder called Shared.

So then I created a group in my project called Shared, and added those files in the Shared folder into my group. I also have the paths configured for that directory to be for additional code modules as well.

My goal is to have classes/layouts/files that are shared between 80 or so different apps/projects, but some of the stuff is static.

So I only have to update the 1 file, not 80 of them.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is no bug here. The files are copied to the local files folder. Start a new thread in the questions forum and I'll explain a better way to share files.

Peter Simpson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice