Android Question Capture image with camera and recognize image points

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to capture an image of an answer sheet and then process it and recognize the good and bad is it possible to do that?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don´t think there is a library for this.

You need to analyze the picture by yourself.

I think it will be an complicated task.

Upvote 0

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don´t think there is a library for this.

You need to analyze the picture by yourself.

There is an application on iOS that does that, I have to make an app on Android and iOS.

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OpenCV can help you a bit.

It has a lot of classes and methods to extract features from an image that can save you a lot of work. BUT anyway you'll have to develop your own 'higher level' algorithm (using OpenCV or directly analyzing the image) to get what you want.

Agree. It's not straightforward.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From the videos shown, I see "pattern" comparison, specially on the second example where we can clearly see "alignment" squares to help the digitising.
So I guess that, complicated, yes, specially finding the "test" boundaries, then it's a matter of creating a grid, and compare it to a master pattern.
Of course, this is my theory...

Upvote 0

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The python script uses OpenCV (all the cv2.xxxx). With a similar syntax, all those methods are available in OpenCvforB4A.
I'm not sure if that script is tuned for a specific sheet, but it seems a good starting point.

PM me if you want the lib (it's free ;))

Upvote 0

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
The python script uses OpenCV (all the cv2.xxxx). With a similar syntax, all those methods are available in OpenCvforB4A.
I'm not sure if that script is tuned for a specific sheet, but it seems a good starting point.

PM me if you want the lib (it's free ;))

Tu trabajo con esa librería es grandioso, muy bueno, voy a probarla pero igual voy a necesitar mucho tiempo ya que estoy haciendo varios proyectos y todos son para ayer, y me salio este proyecto nuevo el cual es muy ambicioso para el corto plazo de desarrollo, lamentablemente no me da el tiempo, pero siempre es bueno indagar en estos temas para el futuro.

Your work with this bookstore is great, very good, I'm going to try it but I'm going to need a lot of time since I'm doing several projects and all are for yesterday, and I left this new project which is very ambitious for the short term development , unfortunately I do not give the time, but it is always good to inquire into these issues for the future..

Upvote 0