Capturing Screen & Mic Input to Video File

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I humbly come crawling to the top of the mountain, seeking the advice of wisest of the B4A gurus:

What libraries would I need to use for my app to be able to

1. Record a "video capture screen shot" of itself (without root)
2. Add the Microphone's input as the audio track for the recording?

Or at the very least, can an existing audio file be somehow combined with an existing video to form one complete single AV file that contains both the audio and video captures?

I see other apps out there can do this, so I'm hoping I can too with B4A because I really need this.

--please please please...:sign0163:

Erel? Anyone?

Last edited:

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that such a library is available. Actually several weeks I searched for such an app myself and haven't found any app that works properly on non-rooted devices.

I think I remember, but perhaps I am wrong, an Andrew's screenshot lib or module (can't remember right now). I was thinking, wouldn't it be possible to turn it into taking frames-screenshots, thus generating a video? Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that such a library is available. Actually several weeks I searched for such an app myself and haven't found any app that works properly on non-rooted devices.

Here's one of many that can do it without any rooting: (click here).

It simultaneously records your voice as well as the screen animation, combining both elements into a single audio/video file, and can email it, post it on facebook, or YouTube. It can definitely be done, there are many examples of this functionality on the market. I'm definitely interested in doing this in my app.

You amazed us with the Live Wallpaper library. We're ready to be amazed again. ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought that you mean a general screen-cast feature. I guess that this app manually saves the drawings in some video format.

Yes, it does. This is what I am trying to accomplish. Is this possible in any way with B4A?

Upvote 0

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can write any format you like. There is currently no library or class that will do it automatically. So you will need to implement the format yourself.

Hmm, I have absolutely no clue how to do that. Is there any guidelines on how one would go about that in B4A?

Upvote 0