Share My Creation CardBoard - Put your notes on cork

Latest news:

I'm happy to announce that CardBoard Index Cards has been dowloaded by 20'000 users! What else? It has a solid 4 star rating on Google Play now from 169 user ratings.

Go to Google Play <a title="CardBoard Index Cards in Google Play" href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.woinowski.cardboard" target="_blank">with this link.</a>

Or check the <a title="CardBoard Page" href="http://leanself.org/cardboard/">CardBoard page on leanself.org.</a>

Or, even better: <a title="How to Create Your Kanban Board with CardBoard Index Cards" href="http://leanself.org/2034/how-to-create-your-kanban-board-with-cardboard-index-cards/">learn how to use it for your personal kanban solution.</a>

Please have a look at the app and rate it if you have not done that yet.
It really shows how powerful B4A apps can be!

This is some user feedback:

* Awesome, it is the best It’s very helpful and useful for school notes you should really try this app it is great…
* Cardboard is very convenient Cardboard makes it easy to jot down story notes, ideas, and lists on the run. Love it!
* Wonderful app A must have for all screenwriters.
* Great app! This is the best planning app I’ve found! As a NaNo writer, this is helping me immensely.
* Rhoada’s Review I love it!!! Helped me out a bunch for a presentation!
* Great App for Roleplaying I’ve moved from hand index cards to this application to store and keep track of the different plots lines that are running in my roleplaying games. [...] Great customer service.
* Teaching Aid. A very novel idea for those of us that just like to lay things out on the floor and then study the flow of how our plan will unfold.
* Exactly what I wanted This app is a must for every screenwriter and novelist... it looks complex but easy to learn and manipulate... what more can I say but kudos to the developers. [CardBoard Novels Add-On]

You can find CardBoard in the Android Market
Create your own:
- Index/Flash Cards
- Flexible Layouts
- Custom Card Types

Take your Notes with CardBoard

CardBoard is a powerful app for creating index cards. You can arrange your cards on multiple layouts. It is even possible to use every card in more than one layout.

Possible uses for CardBoard:
- Taking notes
- Brainstorming
- Organizing ideas
- Learning

Top features
- Create cards and card types
- Arrange cards in flexible layouts
- Auto-layout (alphabetical, by card type)
- Auto-numbering

What else can you do with CardBoard?
- Plan your live
- Manage your todos
- Plan your project
- Plan your book (textbook or novel)
- Organize your screenwriting/scriptwriting
- Simply setup databases, e.g. for your collections

CardBoard uses minimum sytem rights, just storing on your device or SD card and vibration. Full standalone. No ads, no internet security issues. Just you and your Android device.

Best device for CardBoard is a tablet, but CardBoard works with multiple resolutions. The only limits are screen size, performance, and memory of your device. Card layout size can be 500x500 cards. It is recommended to use CardBoard on Android 2.2 and above. You can install and run it on Anroid 2.1 and below, but performance may be disappointing.

CardBoard - your application for index cards (similar to the good old fashioned 5x3 or 7x5 cards). Or use CardBoard as your flash card organizer.

Attachments

• ScnShot1.png
    ScnShot1.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 14,370
  • ScnShot2.png
    ScnShot2.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 513
  • ScnShot3.png
    ScnShot3.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 431
  • ScnShot4.png
    ScnShot4.png
    28 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
CardBoard Index Cards

Fixed some bugs on this, version in market is 1.0.2 now.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.2 with much improved user interface

... is live in Google Play now
And I hope to be over 100 downloads over the weekend :sign0060:

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well over 100 downloads now

By the way: What is a good "conversion rate"? Currently, about 50% of downloads are active users.:confused:

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately I got a NullPointerException (java line:5033). Am going to reinstall.:signOops:

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried it on my Vizio tablet (Honeycomb 3.2.1) and I get a NullPointerException. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 319

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
I will check that

Thank you for trying and for the info (two both of you who tried CardBoard). Was it Version 2.0? Did you try to continue anyhow and did it work then?

I tried it on my Vizio tablet (Honeycomb 3.2.1) and I get a NullPointerException. Screenshot attached.

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe it was the most recent version, and I did continue after the error notification. It displayed file icons, and then stopped.

Tom Christman

Licensed User
Longtime User
This was installed on my Viewsonic G tablet with HoneyComb ROM revision; although I don't think that made a difference.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fixed that stupid bug

Morale of the story: One should always try installation on a new and clean system, not only on "used" (emulator) devices where the app had been run before...

Version 2.0.1 without that bug will appear in Google Play soon. Unfortunately the apk is too big to upload it here too, so please allow for the usual Google Play latency until it appears...

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried your app again and now I get a screen with a bunch of buttons and a cardboard backdrop. Screen capture attached. On my tablet, a Visio VTAB, which is a bit slow, your APP was really slow. It took about 25 seconds to load the screen( the 2nd time). I probably was doing something wrong, but I couldn't get it to edit a note at all. I wouldn't worry a lot about the speed, as I said, my tablet is on the slow side!!

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 287

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried your app again and now I get a screen with a bunch of buttons and a cardboard backdrop. Screen capture attached. On my tablet, a Visio VTAB, which is a bit slow, your APP was really slow. It took about 25 seconds to load the screen( the 2nd time). I probably was doing something wrong, but I couldn't get it to edit a note at all. I wouldn't worry a lot about the speed, as I said, my tablet is on the slow side!!

Do the buttons "Quick New Card" or "New Card(s)" work?

Regarding Start-Up-Speed, I'm aware this needs some improvement, but 25 seconds I did'nt even encounter on the Emulator, which is really slow. I think I need to do some profiling and tuning here.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Starting speed improved

Now, by introducing a lazy loading mechanism for layouts, the starting speed of CardBoard should have signficantly improved, especially for every start after the first one. Version 2.1 should be visible in the market, soon.

Besides, @dagnabitboy: I'd really like to help you with the issue that you can't edit cards, so I need to know if something is wrong with the buttons.

And, some good news: Erel put CardBoard into the B4A showcase, thank you for that. It is above 200 downloads now, and the conversion rate (percentage of active devices) is improving.

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry taking so long getting back to you! Cardboard now takes 19 seconds to load on my Visio tablet, so you're headed in the right direction! I was able to create and edit a card, so it seems to be working! that part works quickly like I'd expect.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the feedback

Sorry taking so long getting back to you! Cardboard now takes 19 seconds to load on my Visio tablet, so you're headed in the right direction! I was able to create and edit a card, so it seems to be working! that part works quickly like I'd expect.
Well, 19 seconds still does not sound very good... Is this only the first load, when creating the Default database or always?
Btw: How is moving around the screen, e.g. the Help layout? Acceptable performance?

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you to dagnabitboy

We had some pm's on CradBoard and recently Iread from him that performance improved after update of his tablet. Just wanted to say thank you here, too.

Besides, CardBoard is rated 4.7 now and the upcoming milestone is 400.

Woinowski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 2.3 with export of card layouts

Hi there,

just uploaded version which allows export of layouts as plain text files. Will be available after the usual Google Play delay.

Also I'm happy to announce my 600th download. Progress is slow but steady :)

Jens