Android Question Catch Screen rotation and update widget

ducphu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I have a homescreen widget, when the screen orientation is changed, I want to load a corresponding layout, e.g portrait_layout, landscape_layout. Also, when the screen orientation is changed, my widget data is lost, e.g my textbox all blank. I read Peter Simpson solution by using a timer to catch the rotation. Is there other solution for this, because I dont want to run the widget so frequent as it may drain much battery.

ducphu

Licensed User
Longtime User
So when the screen orientation is changed, the widget service is called from Service_Create or from Service_Start?

Upvote 0

ducphu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I'm not good at xml. Can anyone show me an example how to modify a xml layout file, using "if" statement. For example, if screen orientation is portrait then the code is
B4X:
<ImageView android:scaleType="fitXY" android:id="@+id/widget2x2s_imageview1" android:layout_width="20dp" android:layout_height="20dp" android:layout_x="3dp" android:layout_y="40dp" android:visibility="visible" />

If screen orientation is landscape, I want to layout_width to 15dp, layout_height to 15dp, layout_y to 30dp.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

ducphu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, then how am I able to create a layout that automatically adjusts based on the width and height ? Can give me an example?

Upvote 0