Android Tutorial Change Icon and Assets Files based on the Build Configuration

MoraviaVenus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Tried directly from C:/, but, unfortuantely, again without success...

Under Windows 7 works fine. Don't I need to install something, or play somehow with access rights...?

I am desperate

MoraviaVenus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

after posting previous screenshot I tested it also without commas, but with same result: poor message Access Denied...

MoraviaVenus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi community,

I did not manage to solve the problem, so I offer workaround for those with similar issue.

I have two versions of app named AreHeaven (AH) and ArtAngels (AA). In the main project folder I created two folders: condcompil_ah and condcompil_aa, where I put files related to particular version. Inside of each folder I created two more subfolders named extra and drawable. To the extra folder I put files, which are copied to files\extra by compilation, to the drawable folder I put files, which are copied to \objects\res\drawable. Files in source folders condcompil_aa\drawable and condcompil_ah\drawable are all read-only.

In the Main module of project I put following commands at the beginning, which "mirror" files from \condcompil_aa\extra to \files\extra and from \condcompil_aa\drawable to \objects\res\drawable, separately for AH and AA:

#If AH
#CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\robocopy.exe, ..\condcompil_ah\extra ..\files\extra /MIR
#CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\robocopy.exe, ..\condcompil_ah\drawable ..\objects\res\drawable /MIR
#End If

#If AA
#CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\robocopy.exe, ..\condcompil_aa\extra ..\files\extra /MIR
#CustomBuildAction: 1, c:\windows\system32\robocopy.exe, ..\condcompil_aa\drawable ..\objects\res\drawable /MIR
#End If

Works smoothly.

Last edited:

yo3ggx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

It is possible that you want to write over a read only file (icon.png)?
Just make icon.png writable and write it in the same way for the other configuration.

If still doesn't work, just copy cmd.exe in the application source folder.
It works for me.

Dan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…