Android Question Changeable Bottom Menu

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has done anything with the bottom menu icons in a app..

Basically I am trying to put 4 buttons icons down the bottom of the screen and when you long press one of the buttons to allow the user to select another icon and based on that icon will depend on what is displayed when the user selects that button from now on.

I have looked at the AHQuickAction library but it's not really what I was after.
I then looked at the Actionbar class (ribben menu) but that got close to what I want along the bottom but not really what I was after.

Here is a example of what I am trying to do:
(I know this is for iOS but trying to do the exact thing using B4A)

menu.png

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would simply dynamically redesign a panel at the bottom of the screen containing the desired buttons gathered from a map.

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your suggestions.

I think I might make a panel at the bottom of the page and load 4-5 images in it.
Then when you long press the image make it load a panel above the buttons (like in the screenshots I posted) and display it with other images you can select.
Then when you select one of these images, it will replace the image in the menu at the bottom of the page.

Then maybe I can then save the selection into a database so it remembers what the user changed it to.

I did look at the suggestions, the only one that come close to what I want to do is the one that Informatix made that is the menu

Upvote 0