B4A Library [Chargeable] SpeechRecognizer Library

SpeechRecognizer

I have received a lot of requests lately for my SpeechRecognizer library.
This is why I made a separate topic for SpeechRecognizer.
With SpeechRecognizer, you'll be able to recognize text from a service! No popups or anything else!

A2ae6l.png

Requirements:
- Android 2.1+ (API 8)

What will you get from me:
- The library files
- A sample project
- A readme file. (Disclaimer.)

Payment

The price of the library is 15 Euros.
Payment is done through PayPal.
If you are interested in the library, you can send me a private message here on the forums or send me an email to [email protected].

Sample

You can find a sample here written by NJDude:
http://www.b4x.com/forum/android-job-offers/21512-freelance-library-development-6.html#post134332

Special thanks and credits goes to NJDude for the sample.

Kind regards,
Tomas

Last edited:

mcmanu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Woah you´re Awesome Thank you very much ;) sorry for beeing so stupid haha ;)
Thats fantastic :)
your Application is very nice, especialy for blind people :)

brelto85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, using the VOICE_SEARCH_HANDS_FREE intent the AGC problem audio was solved but i've yet a little bug
I monitored all events (incluse errors) of SpeechRecognizer object, and in some cases collapses the recognition without any error (captured in SpeechRecognition_Error event)
Practically sometimes goes wrong after recognition (SpeechRecognition_EndOfSpeech event) and sometimes goes wrong after StartListening method

There a way to trace it?

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I am not sure that I understood everything properly.
What I need is either
- voice recognition from a file or
- voice recognition, and saving the spoken text to a WAV or whatever.
The reason is - and I think that others might need this too - the user talks, the text and the sound are upload3ed to a server. If the text is good, OK. If not, you can still listen to the voice.
Can this be done?
Thanks
Peter

brelto85

Licensed User
Longtime User
The SpeechToText library works well but i've notice that return always a result although the MAX_RESULTS extra was set to 5

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Peter. I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The user will know what he or she has spoken. Playing back what was spoken seems a bit useless. The user will be far more interested in what the speech recognizer has understood. In Tomas Verhelst's library, as well as the new library mentioned above, the speech recognizer provides multiple results (5 or more) to choose from.
Regrettably it does not seem possible to use Google Voice and at the same time record what is being spoken to a WAV file. The microphone can only be connected to one object at a time.
Speech recognition from a pre-recorded wave file also does not seem possible because linking the loudspeaker output to the microphone input is prohibited in Android. Many people have tried to make an answering machine this way but nobody (I know off) has succeeded.

Thank you! You saved me a lot of research time!

M. Giray Ozkan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

How can I buy that library? I sent a private message to XverhelstX from this forum but I can't get any answer.

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case it took him 2-3 days to answer. I think he will answer, but you might need a little patience.

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got an answer in March, but I think I am one of the lucky ones. Maybe someone else can answer your question?

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Rick,
to address your question in post 70, here is my opinion: I have the same need to: record the audio to a file WHILE transcribing to text. the purpose of this is so that the text, if for any reason is incorrect, the audio and the text can be heard/viewed simultaneously by the receiving party. I currently record and transcribe; send both results to my customer via the internet; they can see the text and validate it (if necessary) by listening to the audio.
HOWEVER, this capability was removed from the Android OS after Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you know of a way to accomplish this in Kit Kat or ??? (post ICS), I would very much like to know how!
Your input on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rusty

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is also my problem. I am currently working on the following solution: A .3gpp-file is recorded, uploaded to my server, converted into .wav, then set to AT&T for conversion into text. If anybody has a simpler solution I would like to hear it :) If anybody wants to hear my experiences, I am willing to tell.
Peter

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Peter,
I would be very interested in hearing how you are using AT&T for this...
Thanks,
Rusty

grafsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Rusty,
AT&Ts sample code in PHP still has some issues to solve, I am waiting for their support. This is also the reason for my late response. As soon as I have some success, I will let you know.
@staff: Should we continue the discussion in private or is the topic of general interest?
Peter

fburgos722

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is impossible to add every single detail to the SpeechRecognizer library because there can be many variable solutions.
However, it should be very easy to implement your own language, and other actions by using the RecognizerIntent constants which can be found here:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/RecognizerIntent.html

All you have to do is create your own B4A intent, set up the required parameters with the constants and pass it to the SpeechRecognizer instance. This has been supported from the start already. My apologies if it wasn't so clear for some users.

An example:

B4X:
Sub StartListening 
  Dim i AsIntent
  i.Initialize("android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH", "")
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.LANGUAGE_MODEL", "free_form")
  i.PutExtra("calling_package", "your package name")
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.MAX_RESULTS", 5)
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.LANGUAGE", "en-US")
  sr.StartListening(sr.CreateRecognizeIntent2(i))
End Sub

About the VU meter, this is the task of the developer of the application to implement it, and not the library developer.
SpeechRecognizer raises the event so the developer can use it and implement their own features, like a VU meter, etc

I hope everything is clear now, and if there are still questions, feel free to pm me or ask on the topic.

Kind regards,
Tomas

It is impossible to add every single detail to the SpeechRecognizer library because there can be many variable solutions.
However, it should be very easy to implement your own language, and other actions by using the RecognizerIntent constants which can be found here:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/RecognizerIntent.html

All you have to do is create your own B4A intent, set up the required parameters with the constants and pass it to the SpeechRecognizer instance. This has been supported from the start already. My apologies if it wasn't so clear for some users.

An example:

B4X:
Sub StartListening 
  Dim i AsIntent
  i.Initialize("android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH", "")
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.LANGUAGE_MODEL", "free_form")
  i.PutExtra("calling_package", "your package name")
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.MAX_RESULTS", 5)
  i.PutExtra("android.speech.extra.LANGUAGE", "en-US")
  sr.StartListening(sr.CreateRecognizeIntent2(i))
End Sub

About the VU meter, this is the task of the developer of the application to implement it, and not the library developer.
SpeechRecognizer raises the event so the developer can use it and implement their own features, like a VU meter, etc

I hope everything is clear now, and if there are still questions, feel free to pm me or ask on the topic.

Kind regards,
Tomas

Hi Tomas
How I can buy you library RECOGNIZE_SPEECH
I'm interesting
Thank You

fburgos722

Licensed User
Longtime User
[Quote = "Rick Harris, mensaje: 221883, miembro de: 26383"] Hoy me encontré con una nueva biblioteca reconocedor de voz por "vpires" en el foro:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/attachments/speech2textlib-zip.22511/
Lo probé hace un momento y funciona muy bien. Recomiendo añadir mi código de hilo # 57 para suprimir el repetitivo Google Voice "beep" y usted tiene una solución perfecta (simple y tan bueno como biblioteca XVerhelstX, de forma gratuita, así). [/ Quote]

Hola Rick
Estoy usando la biblioteca, pero no funciona como Service an i need as service. Its Posible ? Thank you

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I purchased this library and it works great!
However, it does not work on any OS newer than Ice Cream Sandwich to both transcribe to text and record the audio at the same time.
Google, in it's wisdom removed the buffer return event, so after ICS you cannot record while transcribing...
If you are using for transcription only, I've found no issues, except getting support is very difficult.
FYI
Rusty