[CHAT] Discord #B4X channel

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Now that winter time is coming most people spend more time inside and in front of their computer.
Since chat programs evolve over time it might be not a bad idea to try another attempt to have a B4X chatroom that ain't outdated or relying on 1 person to keep it up and running.
After decades of using IRC, and a while Slack we (a bunch of C64 coders) moved on to Discord several months ago which is less lagging than slack and has enough features aswell.
Maybe other people use discord already for other reasons then it's just 1 click away to add the channel.

It might be easier to get things explained/resolved this way aswell instead of flooding the forum with unclear one-liners
but if the solution is something that is not to be found here it might be wise to post it aswell.

I also use it as an escape after coding or IT related work for hours to have a (small) talk about something else to flush my mind and regain focus.
(still better than wasting my time on facebook, twitter and the likes ;) )

@Erel: Can I use that B4X wave/book icon there? now it just shows B in the circle icon :)

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great initiative!

I hope it will succeed.

1635663095359.png

ksleiniwe

Hello,

Now that winter time is coming most people spend more time inside and in front of their computer.
Since chat programs evolve over time it might be not a bad idea to try another attempt to have a B4X chatroom that ain't outdated or relying on 1 person to keep it up and running.
After decades of using IRC, and a while Slack we (a bunch of C64 coders) moved on to Discord several months ago which is less lagging than slack and has enough features aswell.
Maybe other people use discord already for other reasons then it's just 1 click away to add the channel.

It might be easier to get things explained/resolved this way aswell instead of flooding the forum with unclear one-liners
but if the solution is something that is not to be found here it might be wise to post it aswell.

I also use it as an escape after coding or IT related work for hours to have a (small) talk about something else to flush my mind and regain focus.
(still better than wasting my time on facebook, twitter and applinked the likes ;) )

@Erel: Can I use that B4X wave/book icon there? now it just shows B in the circle icon :)
Sure I want to join.