Android Question chatMessageView example error

donnyy

Licensed User
I have downloaded the chatmessageview example from DonManFred, but when i try to compile it, i got the following error message:

Generating R file. Error
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\donny\Documents\basic4android\ChatMessageView\Objects\bin\extra\res3\res/values-b+sr+Latn

i have put the res.ChatMessageView folder under the basic4android folder, is this where i supposed to put it? I am not sure what i am missing here, please help.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
i supposed to put it?
No. Put it in the directory where the files folder from your project is. Inside your project-folder
If you put it somewhere else like you did you need to adapt the #AdditionalRes directive to match the correct path.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Another solution is to put the folder inside your ADDITIONAL LIBS folder and then use the command
B4X:
#AdditionalRes: $AdditionalLibs$\res.ChatMessageView

donnyy

Licensed User
Thanks for your reply. I have tried both methods but still get the same error message. Would this error be coming from the android support v7? Because i got the same error message when i try to compile the 'CompactActionBar' example, which doesn't use the AdditionalRes. i have updated all the files with SDK manager, android support repository and library are installed, and SDK Tools (rev 25.2.5) are installed. Please advice.

Thanks

Attachments

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Please advice.
Please create a new thread in the questions forum.
It seems not related to the library here.

Make sure to follow the AppCompat Tutorial exactly.

If the problem persist; Upload a small project which shows the problem.