Android Question chatMessageView example error

donnyy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have downloaded the chatmessageview example from DonManFred, but when i try to compile it, i got the following error message:

Generating R file. Error
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\donny\Documents\basic4android\ChatMessageView\Objects\bin\extra\res3\res/values-b+sr+Latn

i have put the res.ChatMessageView folder under the basic4android folder, is this where i supposed to put it? I am not sure what i am missing here, please help.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i supposed to put it?
No. Put it in the directory where the files folder from your project is. Inside your project-folder
If you put it somewhere else like you did you need to adapt the #AdditionalRes directive to match the correct path.

Upvote 0

donnyy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your reply. I have tried both methods but still get the same error message. Would this error be coming from the android support v7? Because i got the same error message when i try to compile the 'CompactActionBar' example, which doesn't use the AdditionalRes. i have updated all the files with SDK manager, android support repository and library are installed, and SDK Tools (rev 25.2.5) are installed. Please advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• android v7.JPG
    android v7.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 272
Upvote 0