CLI arguments to run source file

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice to be able to start Dbasic.exe with CLI arguments that not only loaded the source file, but ran it in debug mode.

This would allow the use of alternative editors for the coding (I'm really missing sub folding as the code gets bigger).

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm doing that. However, to run/test the file I have to be inside B4P. I know I can pass the filename as an argument, but it's almost as much hassle to save, swap programs & click on run as it is to work direct in B4P.
(Actually I keep both open & leave a stub in B4P to run the included text file, but that's not really the point here)

LineCutter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Same thing essentially.

What I was thinking of was one of these text editors that allow you to pass the filename to an executable file from a keyboard shortcut in the text editor.

e.g. in Notepad++ you'd use F5 to run "DBasic.exe -run myfile.sbp" which would pass the newly saved file to the DBasic in debug mode. I suppose that "DBasic.exe -compilePPC myfile.sbp" would be a handy addition.

The extra effort in creating the greatest text editor in the world could then be delegated to someone else, allowing you to work on the Form designer & compiler.