Cloning B4A-Bridge Using Wireless Only

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I exclusively use a B4A-Bridge wireless connection, I am trying to clone B4A-bridge where I eliminated al the bluetooth code and kept only the WIRELESS code. I also made some cosmetic changes to the layout.
It connects and works well on two 7 inch tablets OS4.03 as it displays the same ‘My IP’ as the one shown by the original full version of B4A-Bridge.
But on a cell phone with OS4.04, it displays a different ‘My IP’ from that shown by the original full version B4A-Bridge and obviously does not connect, unless on the PC I type the original IP that is shown when I use the full version of B4A-bridge.
Even before I eliminated the bluetooth code the same problem appeared on the cell, so I know the problem on the cell is not from eliminating the bluetooth code. Attached is my project for everyone to check out.

Attachments

• B4AbridgeWirelessOnly.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 203

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I run Erel's version of B4A Bridge on the cell, it displays the proper IP? For everyone's information I have both Erel's version and the wireless version I made up on the tablets and on the cell phone. Tablets OK, cell phone no go.

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Minute please. With the original version of the bridge, you get the correct IP?

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes my friend mc73. I did actually mentioned it at the outset of my thread in my first post.
CELL PHONE SCENARIO: When I use Erel's version it shows the correct IP and connects. When I use my so-called version I get a different IP and it does not connect.
TABLET SCENARIO: It connects and shows the correct IP using either Erel's or the wireless version I improvised.

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
My cell phone uses a static IP for the local connection. Your version shows the correct IP.

Just an idea: if you remove the btnStartWireless_Click line from your activity_create perhaps corrects the issue? If yes, why not appending this line at the end of activity_resume, after the UpdateIp sub is done?

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried the code by commenting the line mc73 referrred to, but it did not change the outcome. Thanks mc73 for testing it on your cell. That is why I posted the project. Perhaps some others will test it also and inform me of what they get. I am hoping to hear what Erel says about this because he is after all the main architect of the code.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel:
1. I wanted to remove the Bluetooth code because I use wireless exclusively and therefore eliminate the bluetooth views from the display for less clutter. if you think it will crash B4A-Bridge even if I am not using bluetooth I can restore it.
2. I had Network Library 1.11. I uploaded version 1.21 and now the cell phone displays the correct IP. it was weird, because the tablets did not have the cell phone problem even with an outdated network Lib. Check out the project in the first post.
Thank you for your great support.

Upvote 0