B4J Question close a process

Pelky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to fully close a process when I have finished with it. What I find is that if I make a choice - from a menu - load a process and layout and then finish with it (exit) back to the menu and then take that choice again certain parts of the process are not run again. This is a problem as a file may have been updated and the process needs to get that change. A reporting Date for example. This works fine the first time around but when I go back?

The process needs to start fresh.

I have tried - B4XPages.ClosePage(Me) - and that closes the process but the underlying process remains.

Is there a way to kill the process without killing the application entirely.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Pelky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
A very useful short cut that I often don't think of is...
Start a new Sub anywhere, type 'Sub' then space key then TAB key.
A menu pops up, listing all possible event handlers names , click on your choice, another menu pops up listing the events for that handler.
Click on the one you want and a sub parameter template is automatically inserted after the Sub.
Then just change the handler name to you situation. Try it. You'll see B4XPagesManager, click, you'll see Appear, click again.
Then change 'EventName' to 'B4XPage', and you're all set. Happy coding.

(By the way, on the Forum, if you appreciate an advice, use the Like button)

Upvote 0

Pelky

Licensed User
Longtime User
A very useful short cut that I often don't think of is...
Start a new Sub anywhere, type 'Sub' then space key then TAB key.
A menu pops up, listing all possible event handlers names , click on your choice, another menu pops up listing the events for that handler.
Click on the one you want and a sub parameter template is automatically inserted after the Sub.
Then just change the handler name to you situation. Try it. You'll see B4XPagesManager, click, you'll see Appear, click again.
Then change 'EventName' to 'B4XPage', and you're all set. Happy coding.

(By the way, on the Forum, if you appreciate an advice, use the Like button)
I thank you once again.... I will hit ye ole like button ....

Upvote 0