Android Question ClosePage doesn't work

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel says: Call B4XPages.ClosePage(Me) instead of Activity.Finish.
this doesn't work. to demonstrate, I opened a brand new b4xpages project from b4a 11.0 and changed the button click event from
B4X:
Private Sub Button1_Click
    xui.MsgboxAsync("Hello world!", "B4X")
End Sub
to

B4X:
    wait for (xui.MsgboxAsync("Hello world!", "B4X")) complete (o As Object)
    B4XPages.ClosePage(Me)
End Sub
and when you touch the button, the dialog disappears and goes back to the mainpage with the button. nothing closes.

I've been trying to find a way to close a b4xpages app so it can be restarted by the user to reload all the data from scratch. A more elegant solution would be to restart a page, but as far as I can tell, only an activity can be restarted, and I can't see how to do that from within a b4xpage. thanks in advance!

angel_

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this:
B4X:
    xui.Msgbox2Async("Close?", "", "Yes", "", "No", Null)
    Wait For Msgbox_Result (Result As Int)
    If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive Then
        B4XPages.ClosePage(Me)
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
that works, thank you! I am at awe over the power b4x has, but I can find very little information on how to use the Wait For command. I searched for almost an hour before I ran across Erel's b4j thread explaining resumable subs, and all I could get from it is an event name was to follow the Wait For statement. @angel_ , How did you know to use MsgBox_Result after your Wait For? what am I missing???

Upvote 0

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just figured out that you can write it like this as well...
B4X:
    Wait For (xui.Msgbox2Async("Close?", "", "Yes", "", "No", Null)) Msgbox_Result(Result As Int)
    If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive Then
        B4XPages.ClosePage(Me)
    End If
End Sub
encapsulating the asynchronous call in parenthesis followed by the event name with its return parameters. The return parameters are optional, by the way, if you don't need to know which button was pressed.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0