Android Question Cloud WiFi Hand held camera

AlpVir

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have had a "Cloud WiFi Camera" for several months which allows, against the payment of an annual fee, to view on your smartphone with a special app, what is framed by the webcam.
Now I would like to avoid having to subscribe to this service but above all I would like to control the movements of the webcam completely automatically (the webcam can be rotated and tilted as desired, again using the appropriate app).
The device is called YCC365 but going around the web there are many and various brands of webcams similar in all respects to mine.
I verified that the video stream can be viewed with the PC and therefore - I assume - also with a small app that is easy to make.
The URL is rtsp://192.168.xxx.yyy
With a Rasberry and a DNS service like NoIP I'm almost sure I can view the aforementioned video stream even remotely and not only locally.
It would remain to solve the problem of how to control, locally and also remotely, the 2 movements (tilt and rotation) of the webcam.
Without this possibility, the webcam becomes a very useless toy.
How to act ?
Thanks for the attention

Last edited:

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

AlpVir

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had already seen this Spanish site but I had excluded it for the moment because it requires the installation of Home Assistant which runs only with the P3 or P4 raspberry; and I have the P2.
I think a simpler solution can be found.

Upvote 0