Android Question CloudKVS Questions

karld

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have started a new project. I have been experimenting with the CloudKVS server and clients.
So far I have the server up and running on a VPS on Digital Ocean. (Getting it to automatically start on server boot was an adventure all by itself!)
I have tested both B4J and B4A clients. They seem to work fine with the examples.

What I need to do is have locations scattered around the US that are listed in the client apps. The main office has a desktop B4J app they will use to update site info. Specifically fuel prices, status, etc.

The phone clients will be updated from the server running on Digital Ocean.

I am trying to figure out the best way to setup the sites. I know the CloudKVS uses key-value pairs.
Am I correct in thinking I can use a map to list all the items to track for each site under a single id?
Each site would be a distinct id.
Would I have to make any modifications to the CloudKVS server to support the map?

I am no expert in Java, or using maps. I just don't want to spend the time investing in them if I don't need to.

Karl Domrose

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am no expert in Java
How is Java related here? CloudKVS is written in B4X.

or using maps
Map is one of the most important collections. I highly recommend you to take the time and learn how to work with Maps. They are very simple to use.
You can watch the collections tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/etp.html

The key in CloudKVS is made of two fields: <user, arbitrary string>. The purpose of the user field is to allow you to synchronize all the data of a specific "user". You can make each site a different "user".

Upvote 0

karld

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks...
I guess I was assuming the J in B4J meant coding in Java. My mistake.

Each site as a "user" was what I was thinking.

You have created wonderful tools here.

Upvote 0