Android Question clsWheelSimple module GetSelection dysfunction - EditBox module

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
It worked fine with old version. I copied the code from an old project and copied to 3.82 version environment in order to make some changes and save with a new name. But this time, i found that when using the cllsWheelSimple4 module, the getselection method has problem when the user choose the last optioneg with 4 options the i can have the values of 0 (first choice),1 (second),2 (three choice) but no 3. Is there any help because i can't find how to correct it.

Also, the fore and background color of a textbox view changed from white background with black letters to transparent background with black letters which is difficult to be seen.

Changed colors happen with the module of EditBox, too. Can anybody tell me how to fix them (white background, black text color...
Bytheway, I would be glad if any good man tell me how to adjust reducing the length of it and put at the centre of the screen. I tried some changes but is impossible to understand these "dip" things of layout designing. I would be glad twice, if anybody has a modified version of that module with only numerical values plus <enter>)

regards,
mike

Last edited:

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the getselection method has problem when the user choose the last optioneg with 4 options the i can have the values of 0 (first choice),1 (second),2 (three choice) but no 3
Without seeing your code it's impossible to help you.
Can you post a small project as a zip file showing the problem.

Also, the fore and background color of a textbox view changed
What textbox are you speaking of ?
Changed colors happen with the module of EditBox, too.
What EditBox are you speaking of ?

Bytheway, I would be glad if any good man tell me how to adjust reducing the length of it and put at the centre of the screen.
What length are you speaking of ?
The height is calculated with the internal view heights and the font size.
The width is calculated with the wheel content, the button widths and the font size.
The wheel panel is automatically centered.

I tried some changes but is impossible to understand these "dip" things of layout designing.
Beginner's Guide chapter 5 Screen sizes and resolutions.

I would be glad twice, if anybody has a modified version of that module with only numerical values plus <enter>)
I don't have one. Why do you want to remove the Cancel button ?

Have you tryed the 'full' version of the Wheel class ?

Upvote 0

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean EditBox view.
These are modules published on this forum... I find them and let you know.
I don't know never could understand and modify complicate formuila with dip stuiff in order to adjuct the sizes
I don't want to remove cancel, want to remove : - / + = signs
thanks for your quick reply :)

Upvote 0

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
speaking about EditBox view added using the designer (i manage to remove the old one and create another one and by this way the text color fixed)

Speaking about EditBox code module published on this forum (it's length is all along the width of the screen).
On this code want to remove the signs : - / + =

Speaking about ClsWheelSimpel3 class published on this forum

Never grasp complicate formulas with "dip" stuff in order to adjust the various custom views created by other programmers

no, i haven't... I have modified the clsWheelSimple3 by adding 2 other buttons. It works fine on previous version of B4A.

thank you Klaus for your quick reply :)

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have never used EditBox.
What exactly is the problem with the wheel class ?
In the first post you speak about clsWheelSimple4 and in the post above clsWheelSimple3.
These examples are included in the User's Guide.

Could you post your project as a zip file or at least a smaller one showing the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mbatgr

Licensed User
Longtime User
Give your email because the zip is 1.06 and the forum does not allow me to upload here(too big)

Upvote 0