Android Question Code Not Firing / Strange Behaviour

MurphmanL

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I am in urgent need of some advice as I have just launched an app into the Google Play Store only to have the app misbehave to users having been launched into the play store. I need to get an update up to address this issue asap... The app has been tested viggorously and now all of a sudden, a crucial element, the picture taking ability, is broken.

The following code appears to not be firing at all despite a picture being taken using EZCamera -

B4X:
Sub Cam_PictureTaken (FileSaved As Boolean)

If FileSaved = True Then

File.Copy(File.DirRootExternal & "/" & "AuditPhotos",FileName,File.DirInternal,FileName)
File.Delete(File.DirRootExternal & "/" & "AuditPhotos",FileName)

ToastMessageShow("Picture Saved", True)

End If
   DoEvents
End Sub

I know the code no longer fires due to the fact I never see the picture saved toast message...
The photo therefore remains in DirRootExternal when it needs to be in DirInternal by getting moved via the code above.

The only thing I've changed is I've adjusted my Manifest file to set the Target SDK to version 8 to solve problems with check box controls appearing transparent and such. Maybe this is what has broken it, yet everything else in the app works fine?

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="8"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"

I'm really not sure what I've done wrong as it has been working the whole time during testing and to break especially after being approved by Google and now being on the Play Store is very disheartening.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why FileSaved = True never fires the If statement when a picture is taken?

Phone is an LG G3 running Lollipop if that helps that I am testing the app on.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That might be a flaw in the library you are using, the variable FileSaved is not being set as TRUE after the picture has been taken, also, that library might not be compatible with newer versions of Android.

Upvote 0

MurphmanL

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been investigating this the majority of the evening and am now going to head to bed as I am completely bewildered. My entire app release plans have been brought to a halt due to the sudden inability to handle images. How I am going to explain this I do not know!

I really am not sure what's going on but all I know is that the picture gets taken and saved to Dir External, it does not seemingly get moved to File.DirInternal as it should (leading me to believe the FileSaved Boolean is indeed not being set).

I'm lost :(

Will have to look at it again with a fresh mindset tomorrow!

Upvote 0

MurphmanL

Licensed User
Longtime User
Morning Erel,

Many thanks for your reply.

The frustration for me is that I could understand if there had been no testing or anything but literally this app has been in testing for months and months accross a variety of devices from a Galaxy Ace on Android 2.3.6 all the way up to high end devices and the code has always worked.

I have examined whether the process could be killed and I'm pretty sure it isn't as the data on the activity form is still displayed upon exiting from the camera app, it just seems the Camera_PictureTaken is never fired in its entirety.

The issue I face is being able to detect a picture being taken to move my desired pictures to Dir.Internal, as I can't get the external camera app to write to Dir.Internal directly for obvious reasons.

Is there anything I'm missing about Dir.Internal behaviour changing once uploading to Google Play? Even in the google dev console it says 'Everything looks great, we can't suggest any optimisation right now!' so I'm hard pressed to solve this issue :(

Thanks everyone so far for your responses, I will soldier on but ultimately I think I'm gonna have to removed EzCamera and start my camera integration all over again? :-S

Upvote 0