Android Question Communicate between B4A app and Bluetooth HC05

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Last year i created an app from Erel's bluetooth example, allowing to communicate with a bluetooth module HC05, and it worked fine.
But, it was on old systems : Win XP, B4A 5.20, Andoird 5.
This app works fine yet on Galaxy S4 under Android 5.

Now i try to put this app on Android 7. Compiling in B4A 5.20 runs fine, but the app cannot connect to the bluetooth module. Something seems to be not compatible.

Do have i to change all (Computer + WIN 10 + B4A 8.0) ?

If anyone have an idea to avoid that...(it is an altitude instrument for my plane)
Thnk you.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would the b4a trial version help for a test?
i think u need the new runtime permissions class for your android 7 device.
Windows xp is really old ...

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Windows XP is problematic. You should use Windows 7+. I also recommend you to use B4A v8+ if you want to target new Android devices.

Thank you Erel.
Do you think that my same B4A code for Bluetooth will work with WIN10 + B4A V8 with no change ?

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would the b4a trial version help for a test?
i think u need the new runtime permissions class for your android 7 device.
Windows xp is really old ...
I will try trial version, i will see if my code will be compatible.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel.
Do you think that my same B4A code for Bluetooth will work with WIN10 + B4A V8 with no change ?

Probably yes, but it totally depends on if you need to use the RuntimePermission library for any dangerous permissions, for example if you are writing to TP.PERMISSION_WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, also if you are using something like AppCompat you will need to add the line #Extends: android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity, all small changes that can be added in just a few minutes, nothing too major though

Enjoy...

Upvote 0

DOM85

Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably yes, but it totally depends on if you need to use the RuntimePermission library for any dangerous permissions, for example if you are writing to TP.PERMISSION_WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, also if you are using something like AppCompat you will need to add the line #Extends: android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity, all small changes that can be added in just a few minutes, nothing too major though

Enjoy...
Thank you Peter.

Upvote 0