Share My Creation Community Boost - new app

I am looking for a good ol' B4a community boost to kick off the launch of my new app (Created with Basic4Android, of course). The app is called Sleep Sound Mixer and is a sound machine that allows you to mix up to 20 sounds simultaneously at different volume levels to find a combination that will help you relax and drift off to sleep peacefully.

There is a free version and a pro version, which removes ads.

Here us a link to the free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awfulprogrammer.sleepsoundmixer.free

Screenshot_2014-04-06-22-50-04.png

My next updates will include some useful features like an auto-shutdown timer, the ability to save and load your own custom mix to return to a relaxing combination you have created previously, and the ability to share your custom mix with others.

I did have a previous version of this app on Google play store that did quite well, over 3500 downloads and good user ratings. This new version increases the mixable sound counts from 8 to 20, and the user interface is better designed for different screen sizes and densities.

My goal is to get 1000 downloads within the remainder of the month of April. This is a bit of an acceleration compared to the old app version, but this one will be much better with more features and sounds available and the benefit of staying in an active development and support state.

Thanks for checking out my app and rating it, and for helping a fellow B4a guy succeed in his goal.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awfulprogrammer.sleepsoundmixer.free

Eric H
"Turtle Inch"
"TheAwfulProgrammer"

Oh, and if you downloaded and rated the app, leave a comment in this thread or send me a private message with a link to your free app and I will check it out and rate it also.

Thanks!

Last edited:

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice !
Problem is that when scrolling the sounds seekbar is going accidentaly to maximum which may be very annoying .it is like there is no place for the finger to scroll the sound but to pass through seekbar command if you understand.
My wife asked me how do I turn it offf ...answere was look for the sounds and reset seekbar to zero ? You should ad power off option.
Are you using any service on forereground state for your player .?..did you test your app with a killer task app ?

Eric H

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the feedback. Here are some answers to your questions:

To turn off an individual sound you just move the slider to the zero position for that particular sound. All sounds can be stopped instantly if the user presses the back button while in the app.

I just finished coding a service that will be uploaded for the next update. Since, by design, the sounds will keep playing even if the app is not in the foreground, or if the screen is off (partial wakelock), the service will start when ANY of the sounds are active and will put a persistent notification up to let the user quickly navigate back to the app if they have navigated away from the app being in the foreground. When all sounds are stopped the notification is removed. This was done because I can imagine someone starting the sounds and then hitting the home button and opening another app and at some point may decide they want to get back to the app to adjust or stop the sounds, so the notification gives them a quick way back to the app to do this.

I do frequently kill apps on my Note3 using the built in task manager/killer and have not experienced any odd behavior... did you notice any issues with using a task killer?

I personally haven't noticed any 'accidental' seekbar behavior from scrolling up and down within the scrollview. On my device the seekbar will only change positions if I drag my finger in a more horizontal direction than a vertical direction. I was able to simulate this happening from attempts to scroll up and down with my thumb using more of a short 'fling' motion that ended up being more in the horizontal direction than vertical, but aside from shortening the length of the seekbar (specifically how close to the right edge of the screen it travels) I am not sure I could change this behavior easily.

I like your suggestion about a 'stop all sounds' button. I just might add that feature to the next version.

Thanks again for giving my app a spin and for the great feedback. :D

Eric H

Licensed User
Longtime User
^^ I also noticed that I got a crash report from an Android 2.2 device because the Google Play Services library that I am using for Admob is the one that doesn't support 2.2. I am going to just change the minimum SDK level to 9 for the app and just exclude those devices running less than 2.3 rather than add more size to the app as a whole by adding support for ads for 2.2. I read somewhere that 2.2 devices are now less than 0.5% of the devices actively downloading apps on Google Play, so it shouldn't be a huge impact... Not to mention I am honestly not sure a device running 2.2 would handle playing 20 media files simultaneously without having problems with resources.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested your app on android 2.3.6. I realy thought it will be hard to change the scroll issue .. you must test on more devices to see it but it is most likely that if users are faceing the same problem that you will get more uninstalls . Let me now when you will do any upgrades.