Android Question Compile error

b4_sgf

Just started learning B4A. Unable to create apk. Paths are ok. No idea what to do next.

Compile & Rapid Debug.png
Paths Configuration.png

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Did you start the SDK Manger option after installation via the option Tools to download the necessary libraries before compiling your app?

Upvote 1

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 1

MicroDrie

Licensed User
No i didn't, as my pc has no web access.
Well connect first to the internet or do it the hard way by download both SDK and Java on a usb stick. By the way, I don't think it's handy to develop B4X without access to this forum because you misses the forum information and program examples (but if a lot hand typing is no problem for you, who cares?)

Upvote 0

b4_sgf

Well connect first to the internet or do it the hard way by download both SDK and Java on a usb stick. By the way, I don't think it's handy to develop B4X without access to this forum because you misses the forum information and program examples (but if a lot hand typing is no problem for you, who cares?)
I have downloaded the latest sdk & java as per above link (used my phone to transfer from pc with web to my pc with no web). Btw i have no web as live in "what-whats", which is too far from wireless internet towers, & have no telephone cables to my caravan. But i am considering satellite internet .. will have to see if i can afford it, as i suspect it might be a bit expensive for me.

I can & do access this forum every few days. Do you mean without constant access i can't copy & paste text?

• No internet, and :. no wireless router. But maybe i could get one & set up a non-internet network, to use just for adb/bridge? Don't think could use bluetooth with adb bridge (?)
• "Run" is not working for me (trying to generate apk), which means adb not working? Adb debugging is enabled on phone. Will try installing adb driver for Windows - maybe is not installed.
• So haven't been able to use that bridge/debug way. And it seems that B4A only generates an aab file when i generate app package, not an apk. So, i have just installed Split APKs Installer (SAI) app on phone. Also have downloaded bundletool, which might be better, as i can use a scripting language to automate that. Just found AAB2APK, which seems perfect & has a gui, however, it is just the source code (python), so i'd have to install python & work out how to run it ... probably be easier just to write my own script (i use AutoHotkey scripting language)

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
You do not need constant Internet access, access is needed for updating libraries, new IDE releases, and ad-hoc searches in posted questions about problems, solutions for code things that ad-hoc arise errors and how do I questions. You could download all the booklets at home, do at home searches to complete program solutions related to what you want to develop to lower the Internet cost.
You could configure your Window PC as a gateway to Internet so if the PC and the phone can share there network.
You also need to install the BA Bridge program on your phone so that your B4A IDE can install the Android program on the phone and the PC can retrieve the log.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have downloaded the latest sdk & java as per above link (used my phone to transfer from pc with web to my pc with no web). Btw i have no web as live in "what-whats", which is too far from wireless internet towers, & have no telephone cables to my caravan. But i am considering satellite internet .. will have to see if i can afford it, as i suspect it might be a bit expensive for me.

I can & do access this forum every few days. Do you mean without constant access i can't copy & paste text?

• No internet, and :. no wireless router. But maybe i could get one & set up a non-internet network, to use just for adb/bridge? Don't think could use bluetooth with adb bridge (?)
• "Run" is not working for me (trying to generate apk), which means adb not working? Adb debugging is enabled on phone. Will try installing adb driver for Windows - maybe is not installed.
• So haven't been able to use that bridge/debug way. And it seems that B4A only generates an aab file when i generate app package, not an apk. So, i have just installed Split APKs Installer (SAI) app on phone. Also have downloaded bundletool, which might be better, as i can use a scripting language to automate that. Just found AAB2APK, which seems perfect & has a gui, however, it is just the source code (python), so i'd have to install python & work out how to run it ... probably be easier just to write my own script (i use AutoHotkey scripting language)
Everything written here is wrong.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Upvote 0

b4_sgf

You could configure your Window PC as a gateway to Internet so if the PC and the phone can share there network.
My smartphone can't get web where i am, only my dumbphone. But network stuff is not my forte, and is almost always a p-in-the-a. I avoid it like the plague. lol.
But i guess it would be possible. I'd just have to google the sh*t out of it, and have unlimited patience...

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Sorry if it's a bit innacurate & "jumbly". I'm just beginning with all this stuff. Bear with me mate... lol
Start over again with what you is already said in post 3, use the default installation paths.

Upvote 0