Compile "old" (pasted) code with B4A 2.71?

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
my program behaves strange after having made changes to the code and after having installed B4A 2.71. So, I am not sure about the reason.

I tried to revert to an earlier version that was made with B4A 2.7. So, I in the 2.71 IDE, I replaced the code by the earlier code by pasting. Despite the fact that the libraries are the same the program does not compile. It already complains at the second line (IconFile=) with "syntax error". And there are many red lines...

Is there a way to compile an "old", pasted, code with the new B4A version 2.71?
Regards, positrom2

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its hard to say without seeing the actual error.
But sometimes it is because a difference in libraries. Did you install 2.71 in a fresh location or an overwrite? Are you sure both a referencing to the same AdditionalLibs folder? (and are there duplicate libs in Librares vs AdditionalLibs).

Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
I open the most recent code with B4A 2.71. That compiles but behaves strange on the tablet.
Then I delete all the text seen in the IDE.
Then I paste the "older" code (as seen by a text editor) into the same (2.71) IDE window.
So, the "skeleton" (used libraries and paths) stay the same.
I see the compilation error posted above and many red lines and objects.
Regards, positrom2

Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
I open the file in WinMerge and select and copy. The first lines are shown here, identical in old and new codes.
B4X:
Version=2.7
IconFile=
NumberOfModules=1
Module1=Charts
ModuleVisible1=1
Package=b4a.BT2PC
DoNotOverwriteManifest=False
ManifestCode=
UserTypesHint=PieItem,PieData,GraphInternal,Graph,LinePoint,LineData,BarData
NumberOfFiles=6
File1=compass.png
File2=dummy.bal
File3=main.bal
File4=mainold.bal
File5=needle.png

Upvote 0

positrom2

Licensed User
Longtime User
AH, now I see. One must not replace the "preamble lines" (the lines in front of Sub Process_Globals). Then the pasted "old" code will compile.
Thanks, positrom2

Upvote 0