Compile problem on Windows 8

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Just rebuilt my PC with Windows 8.

Initially had some issues with Java and the Android SDK files; AVD manager would not start and I had to reinstall Java to D:\Java and not D:\Program Files (X86) (as I had previously done).

Anyway, B4A (2.25) complains every time I open it that the paths contain illegal characters. My paths are below and as far as I can see the two important paths do not contain spaces;

D:\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\javac.exe
D:\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-8\android.jar
D:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Additional Libraries

Now more important is that I cant compile as I get a similar error about illegal paths with spaces.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Update 1: May be related to the old B4A project as I created a new empty project and it compiles ok
Update 2: Exact error message is "Path contains illegal characters. Please install Basic4android in a path without spaces (this issue is related to Android SDK)."

Thanks

Last edited:

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Odd, turned out to be the additional libraries folder had the space in it - found this thread;

http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-updates-questions/10866-illegal-path.html#post60657

Interesting this though is that B4A 2.0 never had an issue with the folder. When I rebuilt my computer I copied the additional libraries folder directly from my backup to the new B4A location.

My understanding was this folder could have spaces in the name, after all my previous B4A install was under "Program Files (x86)" and that worked fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0