iOS Question Compile Problem - PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER missing [Solved]

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently working on a Google Maps project that has been experiencing some maps misbehavior. I looked at the latest forum example and saw that my Google Maps Bundle might be out of date - so I copied the folder from the sample project. Up to this point it has been compiling in release + debug just fine. Maybe because of this I am now failing to compile in both debug and release with the errors below. I am using the hosted builder and have tried primary + secondary servers. I have wildcard certificate registration at Apple and my current certificates compile just fine with other projects so I am at a bit of a loss.....

B4i Version: 8.30
Parsing code. (0.03s)
Building folders structure. (0.11s)
Running custom action. (0.10s)
Compiling code. (0.06s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (2.24s)
Building Xcode project. (0.40s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.26s)
Project size: 2.86 MB
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release PRODUCT_NAME=London CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Carole Noble (ZD3ZS4PV48)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=bfa57f03-34f3-4728-8a21-86c59c2d6390 -arch arm64

User defaults from command line:
IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: Carole Noble (ZD3ZS4PV48)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = London
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = bfa57f03-34f3-4728-8a21-86c59c2d6390

note: Using codesigning identity override: iPhone Distribution: Carole Noble (ZD3ZS4PV48)
Computing target dependency graph and provisioning inputs

Create build description
Build description signature: 2cb705cdae6e7486965d628d7afcd191
Build description path: /Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/XCBuildData/2cb705cdae6e7486965d628d7afcd191-desc.xcbuild

warning: Building targets in manual order is deprecated - check "Parallelize build for command-line builds" in the project editor, or set DISABLE_MANUAL_TARGET_ORDER_BUILD_WARNING in any of the targets in the current build to suppress this warning
/Users/administrator/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject.xcodeproj: error: Bundle identifier is missing. B4iProject doesn't have a bundle identifier. Add a value for PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Erel you are correct

By a process of elimination it was the #PlistExtra entry to facilitate dark mode. The previous entry seemed to be working Ok but when I changed something, possibly the GoogleMaps.Bundle it caused problems. Of course the correct code should be:

iOS Dark Mode:
#PlistExtra: <!--<key>UIUserInterfaceStyle</key>-->

Upvote 0