B4X:
[TextSize=30][e=🇺🇳/][/TextSize]

'shows as UN

I am using BCTextEngine version 1.95

Last edited:

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. I am using B4J default font = "System" (no bolding, no italics)
2. Your example, newly downloaded without modification, shows the same problem (tested on BCTextEngine 1.94 and 1.95)
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...t-engine-bbcode-parser-rich-text-view.106207/
complexChar.jpg

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, I don't know why the logo in the BBLabel is not working like the logo in the BBCodeView. Only in B4A

B4X:
[FontAwesome=0xF17B size=30/] This is a [b]BB[color=0xff006688]Label[/color][/b] [img FileName="logo.png" height=30 vertical=8/]

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the link. Obviously I haven't been following this geopolitical discussion.
To be frank, I am more interested in the use of [e=] tag in BBCodeView than in flags.
Is there any other use for the [e=] tag?

Over the years the BBCodeView has grown by leaps and bounds. So, as an exercise, I decided to document all the current features.

I really like the new anchor tag [a="..."]Index[/a] and I am using it extensively in the documentation.
It is completed (about 5 hours, 600 lines of code including the BBCode itself) I'll add the proviso in #8.

I'll post it as a tutorial. May be it will be useful to others. If nothing else it will be a good example for the use of anchors.

Thanks again for the dedicated work you have and continue to put into B4X.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there any other use for the [e=] tag?
It was added for the flags emojies. Emojies are quite complicated with all kinds of quirks and nuances. The flags emojies are encoded in such way that the parser can miss them and treat them as separate characters. I don't think that there is any other usage for this tag.