Android Question Connection Refused

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there

I am trying to test a HTTP request on my pc but posting to the local host which is waiting as part of my VB (running in visual studio) web interface which should receive the request.. I get the error below. Can anyone tell me if it is actually possible to test like this? Many thanks,

Derek.

Error = org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:55763 refused

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have also used the pc ip address with no luck either.. This results in bad request and not connection refused..

and used a different ip address and now get timeout.. I think this is the one I will concentrate on..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

No, I'm using a device via wifi.. Might try that though and see if that works..

Thank you..

Upvote 0

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

I have disabled my pc firewall still with no joy. I need to be able to debug the VB interface which receives the request from the device so need the pc to be the server. I have just set a vpn up on the device but still cannot see my pc. I saw there is a way to debug a site with visual studio so may upload the files to my actual server and see if that is a solution.. Thanks for your help..

Derek.

Upvote 0

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again..

Still troubled with this issue.. More information for you to maybe assist further.

I have created a Web API in Visual Studio.
I have created an app on B4A and run it to my device to debug it (not emulator).
I want to debug HTTP requests sent to my web API which is on my pc.
I tried attaching to w3ww.exe in my VB API to catch any requests incoming.

No luck..

Any ideas what I can try to solve my problem? I have a log of debugging to do and would like to use my device and send requests to my API running on my pc..

Thank you :)

Upvote 0

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

No luck... I get a 'bad file number' when I press connect. (fcntl failed)

I have IIS running on that IP and can see the IIS default page when I type it in my device browser..

Thanks again..

Upvote 0

Derek Jee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I have not run the B4J example.. I am pretty sure it is my pc and permissions/IIS causing the issue. I am happy to continue right now and test the sending independently to the receiving, and merge the two later on..

Thank you for your help on this, and sorry if I contact the forum again about this in the future..

Derek.

Upvote 0