ControlsExDevice library

SteveA

Licensed User
Problem solved and I thought I ought to let you know in case someone else comes across it - not related to the actual lib but a problem in getting it and possible other libs elsewhere on the forum...

I download using Net Transport on Vista 64 (this is an excellent program, which has resume, etc and I have used for years - it is constantly being updated). When I kept downloading your lib it would not expand as per my post. However, after reading your post I decided to turn off Net Transport and download directly. This time it would expand. Just to check, I redownload again via Net Transport and once more it would not expand. I simply do not know why this should happen, but thought I ought to pass it on in case anyone cannot expand a zip from the forum.

Thanks, Steve

Hennell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great library but is it possible to rename things in it?

I'm currently using Filippos listview component for a database app, and would like to use the spliter and date/time control from this in it too; however b4p doesn't like having two libraries with things called listview.

I've looked at swapping to the controlsex listview control, but it looks like a rather time consuming change of code which I'd rather not attempt (and probably impossible if the standard 'list' view isn't supported[?]).

:sign0085:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great library but is it possible to rename things in it?
Sorry, no!

and probably impossible if the standard 'list' view isn't supported[?]
What makes you think that? From the help
View : Int32 [I/O] : Gets or set the view of the control on the screen. LargeIcon = 0, Details = 1, SmallIcon = 2, List = 3, Tile = 4

Hennell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, no!

Ah, fair enough, never quite sure what's possible or not with code.

sorry, I mean the details view. (lv.View = 1) I can get things to show in the other modes, but not that one...

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
From post #31 of this thread

"it provides LargeIcon, SmallIcon, Details and List views but on my device the List view shows nothing. A device limitation I assume. "

List view is mode 3, is that the one doesn't show on your device? The other three modes work on my device - I can't explain why the fourth doesn't :confused: Out of interest I will try Fillipos and see if his works on my device in that mode, and if it does I will investigate the problem (again!).

Hennell

Licensed User
Longtime User
And having just fiddled again, I've suddenly realised that it probably needs a ColumnHeader to work.... :signOops:
so with lv.AddColumnHeader("anything") added, everything works fine as advertised!
Sorry to waste your time there, my ability to miss the obvious is sometimes most impressive. :sign0013:

pochero

Licensed User
It is not possible to move, between forms, a dateTimePicker object with the "ChangeParent" of de formlib library. A error appears. So I need to reutilize the name of the dateTimePicker in diferent forms creating with "New1". But when i do it, the object doesn't work well. For example I can't enable it or the ChangeEvent never fires.
How can i move this object? or how can i to reuse his name?.

Thank you

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not possible to move, between forms, a dateTimePicker object with the "ChangeParent" of de formlib library.
You should be able to but as it is a library object you need to use its ControlRef property. Try -

Flib.ChangeParent(DateTimePicker.ControlRef, "Form2")

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Andrew
The MonthCalendar doesn't go to dates earlier than 1.1.1753, while the b4ppc calendar control does.

Is there a reason ?

May be due to the change from Julian to Gregorian calendars ?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've no idea why the limits of the range of a MonthCalendar were set, by Microsoft, to be 1/1/1753 to 31/12/9998. The reason it is different to the B4ppc Calendar is that the B4ppc Calendar is a custom control written by Erel but the MonthCalendar is a .NET Windows.Forms control and is part of the .NET Framework.

RichardW

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a very useful library.

I wanted to ask you if you can add a double click(tap) event to the listview component.

I am having a problem trapping such an event which I added with door.dll. This only occurs on the device.

I have posted a zip illustrating my "door.dll" problem in the bug forum but the program is an example of what can be done with your listview.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A major update of ControlsExDevice now posted as version 1.6.

All controls now support AutoScale when used with Basic4ppc version 6.80 or later. The help file includes an extensive description of how AutoScale works and some pros and cons and workarounds.

New

Two new controls, NativeImage and NativeFormImage allow native resolution graphics in AutoScaled applications, read the help and run the two Native...sbp demos AutoScaled compiled on a non-QVGA device to find out why.

Amendments

DateTimePicker now has a Height property which is only effective on the device. This is necessary for non-QVGA resolutions as its' auto setting of height doesn't seem to work properly on non-QVGA devices.

Listview now has an ItemActivate event that fires on a double-tap or double-click. See post #53.

The Display object adds NativeWidth, NativeHeight, FixX, FixY and AutoScaled properties.

pochero

Licensed User
DateTimePicker doesn't works me on device since B4ppc 6.8 update. It doesn't shows. No error happens.

I have added the object in this way: AddObject("CalendarioViajes","DateTimePicker")

Thanks

pochero

Licensed User
I'm sorry, but several months ago that I did not check the code.
AddObject("CalendarioViajes","DateTimePicker")
CalendarioViajes.New1(form, calLeft,calTop-25,cWidth-5,0)

I do not understand how it worked in version 6.5 with a 0 height. I put a value on the height and now it appears.

Sorry to have caused it to lose your time. Thank you.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not understand how it worked in version 6.5 with a 0 height. I put a value on the height and now it appears.
It is not a Basic4ppc version issue but a library change do do with making DateTimePicker work with Autoscale. See post #54 earlier in this thread.

I suspect you didn't try optimised compiling your code. When funny things happen you can't explain it is always a good idea to try to optimise compile your code as it will show errors that the IDE dooesn't pick up. In this case it would probably have complained about not having the height parameter which was added in version 1.6 of the library.

Byak@

Licensed User
Hi.
i'm find bug in 'listveiw' control.parametr 'left' in real parametr 'width'.
setting this parametr with door lib work fine