Android Question Convert audio file (mp3) to text

Khalid.

Is there a program to import an audio file that converts it to text (not from the microphone) from a file

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
is it incomplete
You should create a new thread for a new question.

The library is not incomplete.
Did you downloaded everything from the thread?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes , the example works, but converting audio file to text is not working
it is working for me.

- Click in the AUDIO FILE TO TEXT Button
- Click on Start on the Nextpage (lower left). It converts the welcome.wav file in File.Dirassets to text...

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 16.07.05.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the sample rate of the resulting wav file 16000?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Bit rate is different than sample rate.

The demo includes a WAV file that it uses to do the "Audio file to Text" function, and I just checked (with windows media player) and that sample WAV file is encoded with a 16k sample rate.

So, it looks like the library is designed to only work with 16k sample rate audio even for files.

Luckily, @Biswajit is working on a version where you can specify a different sample rate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The new version of the library was just released that allows you to set the sample rate, so if you set it to 44100, it should be able to read your WAV file.

Update: I just noticed that your screenshot states the "format" of the WAV file is "MPEG Audio" - it looks like your "converter" didn't really change the MP3 to a true wav file. So even if you set the sample rate to 44100, it might not work because the library might not be able to read that WAV file format correctly.

Upvote 0