Android Question Converting audio to text continously.

Juzer Hussain

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Everyone,

I have this requirement of converting audio to text continuously. I am trying with speech recognizer.
Is there a better way.Some times the RecogDone even doesn't fire. I was thinking of recording the audio and then converting it to text but don't know how to go about it.

Can someone please help.

Thanks
Juzer

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Everyone,

I have this requirement of converting audio to text continuously. I am trying with speech recognizer.
Is there a better way.Some times the RecogDone even doesn't fire. I was thinking of recording the audio and then converting it to text but don't know how to go about it.

Can someone please help.

Thanks
Juzer

Reco event not firing is different issue and you can open a new thread for that.. Away from that, You can pause between phrases or sentences.
You can also assign a special word to use it append the recognized sentence to a text file. Example:

"This is the first sentence"
(wait for reco tone)
Say "Country Car" (use this only to append the sentence to a file and clear the reco buffer)
Say "This is the second sentence"
. etc

Alternatively you can append the text in the reco event.. but the suggested solution is
more reliable (I believe)

my 2 cents

Upvote 0

Juzer Hussain

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
I am using classes as Voice Recognition library is not suitable.
I am using SpeechRecognition Class Module which is not working.
Then i tried SpeechRecognition 'v.2 by Pomelov Vlad aka Peacemaker [email protected]'. IT IS WORKING.

Will you suggest any other library continous listening.

I am calling startlistening again in the sr_onResults procedure

Pls suggest.
Juzer

Last edited:
Upvote 0