Android Question Converting from DIP to %X in code

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
Hello. I can't find reference in the help.

I am trying to convert my "dip" values to %x ... %y values in the code. I get the left, width, top, height values - easy - apply a conversion routine to them to get the percent value - easy. But then when I try to apply them I get a NOT A STRING or similar error.

In other words, let's say my value after converting is 30, which I want to make 30%x. How do I turn that into a correct value to apply to the item?

I've tried many, many variations of trying to convince the program to accept it. The confusing thing for me is that when I type up "30%x", it accepts it readily. But when I build "30%x" and try to apply it, it is rejected. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, Google have thanked me for pointing out a failure in their process, to do with publishing for children under the age of 13. They rejected my app; I appealed and they accepted my appeal and thanked me for showing them how to improve their process.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…