Android Question Covert byte code - optimized Dex

Jimmy-1974

Licensed User
Longtime User
Each time I run an app using the FirebaseAdMob (v1.52) it sticks on Convert Byte Code - optimized Dex when it’s compiling. I’ve increased Process Timeout config to 600 seconds, increased my virtual RAM and changed the MaxRamForDex from 1024 to
MaxRamForDex=4096, but the compiler just times out.

I’ve tried all the advice I can find from the forums but to no avail. Even working from a very small ‘Hello World’ type app with firebase Admob banner it still times out and from different computers, but still no luck.

I’m really out of ideas as to what to try next? Any advice would be really appreciated.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also confirm that the newer admob stuff needs way longer than the oldskool ones.

Not sure if it is related to the new resources method or not. But it seems to need to go through a lot of stuff to find its data.

I have a newer laptop and everything is way faster exept the initial compilation of an app that has admob in it.
Once it got through and the debugger shell is active it goes a lot faster (a few seconds instead of minutes)

I also noticed that the dexer closes after the compilation. So it needs to build up from scratch each time.
Didn't this stay active in memory on earlier versions?

Upvote 0

Jimmy-1974

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which computer are you using?

Firebase libraries depend on most of Google Play Services SDK which add quite a lot to the compilation process.

Try to disable the optimized dexer. You will see the option in the INI file.

Thanks Erel, it runs now by disabling the optimized dexter in the INI file!

Upvote 0