Licensed User
Longtime User
will there be a equivalent to cPPC

run on emulator

If cPPC=False Then

grCor

mjcoon

Licensed User
I had not appreciated that B4A will generate applications for running on Windows desktops as well as for Android devices.

I am also uncertain what, if any, development can be done on a device stand-alone.

Is there a very general description of B4A at this level?

Mike.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had not appreciated that B4A will generate applications for running on Windows desktops as well as for Android devices.
It won't I'm afraid. The request is to be able to determine whether it is running in the emulator on the desktop or on a real device.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Android is also usable on a normal Desktop, as intended by Google, but looking at windows I wonder if there will not be a more powerfull Android Kernel for desktops, and a slimmed one for devices, the same aplies to the Libraries...We can develop a librarie and after determening in wich hardware platform we are running, adjust the behaviour of the app, limiting the access of the librarie to the methos, etc, supported by the running platform...(?)Did I make any sence?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Android is also usable on a normal Desktop
Where have you seen this? A far as I know Google don't even recommend Android for tablets at the moment as they don't think the UI scales properly, although the next 2.x (or maybe it will wait for 3.0) release is reported to have a revamped UI more suitable for larger screen sizes.

Mind you this hasn't stopped a lot of manufacturers putting it on tablets. The largest screen Android tablet I have seen so far, the Avaya ADVD has just been launched for corporate use by a company that a friend of mine works for. It is really a platform for their conferencing software and the price will make you wince. :sign0137:

Intel are reportedly porting Android to their x86 architecture mobile chipsets so they can try to get some penetration into the tablet market, having sold off their ARM design to Marvel some time ago, but this is not indended for desktops. The only way I know so far to run Android on a desktop is under OS X, Windows or Linux using Googles emulator or under Windows with that of a new startup called YouWave, Run Android Apps on PCs. I haven't tried the YouWave one but it is reported to be faster than Googles.