Android Question Crashlytics error at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed the B4A v10.90 beta #1 yesterday along with the new required resources & command line tools. I've recompiled a couple of previously working apps (& replaced FirebaseAdMob with FirebaseAdMob2), but now I find that I'm getting a Crashlytics error when the apps start. The error isn't causing the app to crash, but I suspect it will be causing Crashlytics to not work. Here's the log:

If I remove:
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: com.google.firebase:firebase-crashlytics
& clean the project & recompile, I don't see the error. However if I put it back in, clean & recompile it comes back.

I've searched the forum, but haven't been able to find anything to help me locate the cause of this error.

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I'm using the same versions as you showed in your post. Here's what I think is the relevant unfiltered log:

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
[EDIT] It may be relevant actually, because I just tested on a device running R & didn't see the issue.

Oh - I don't know if it's relevant or not but I'm running Android 12 (S) on this device.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - so yesterday I induced crashes on devices running Android S & Android R - & none of them have shown up in the Firebase console. I also saw this thread in the forums as well as a few other Firebase related threads, so I'm starting to wonder if there's a bigger issue here.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having this problem too. I don't get a crash on my testing devices, but I see them on the Play Console. I am also not getting any crash reports in Firebase.

My error is a little different.

Although crash reports are not working for any device, it only seems to be crashing on certain devices / android versions.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've found the mismatched library. It was com\google\android\datatransport\transport-backend-cct\2.3.3.
Open B4A Sdk Manager and install com\google\android\datatransport\transport-backend-cct\2.3.1, it will be in the recommended items.

Clean the project and it should work.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

Thank you! It has helped with me too.

Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I got the same error, but cannot find 2.3.1 at recommended:

I installed all latest version.

What can I do?

Kind regards,
André

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…