Android Question Creating a writing stroke app module for Kids app

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day!

I just want to ask if how can I make an app that can create a stroke for writing?

For example: The image has "1" in the picture.
Then the kids will write also 1 in their solution and will validate if the kid's answer is correct or wrong based on the given image.

How is it possible? Please help me if you have sa sample code on this.

Thanks. God bless.

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no simple way to implement it.

You will need to go over the lines and check whether they match the image pixels.

What if sir I didn't use the image. I mean what if I write it only in the Panel with a letter or a number and how can the device recognize that it is letter 'a', 'b', 'c', or '1', '2', etc.?

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
how can the device recognize that it is letter 'a', 'b', 'c', or '1', '2'

As you know which numbers/letters are "hidden" in the Image you can create a simple Textfile for each Image with the expected value in it.

Example:

Image-Filename: Building.jpg -> this image contains the Picture of a building with a number or letter painted somewhere, f.e. the letter "A"
Extra file: BuildingAnswer.txt -> just "A"

If the user (child) enters "A" you just read the file and check if it matches.

PS: This is a simple example to give you a hint how you can do it. Take care of the Copyright (don't use someone elses Pictures without permission or use your own). How to compare values or how to write/read a file -> see the very nice documentation.

Upvote 0

Lyndon Bermoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Th
As you know which numbers/letters are "hidden" in the Image you can create a simple Textfile for each Image with the expected value in it.

Example:

Image-Filename: Building.jpg -> this image contains the Picture of a building with a number or letter painted somewhere, f.e. the letter "A"
Extra file: BuildingAnswer.txt -> just "A"

If the user (child) enters "A" you just read the file and check if it matches.

PS: This is a simple example to give you a hint how you can do it. Take care of the Copyright (don't use someone elses Pictures without permission or use your own). How to compare values or how to write/read a file -> see the very nice documentation.

Thanks for the reply. But im mentioning that it by a gesture typing not on just inputting letters. So is there a possible way that the gesture typing will display the output to a textbox?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Th

Thanks for the reply. But im mentioning that it by a gesture typing not on just inputting letters. So is there a possible way that the gesture typing will display the output to a textbox?

This is not simple to do.
You want to get text from a drawing.

I saw such lib in vb but not in b4x.
With numbers it could be easier you can catch the movement and with some calculations figure out what number was drawn (by x,y)

Or after finish drawing loop and get all pixels and compare with templets.

But the problem is to figure out if the kid drawed a small "1" or a big "1" ...

Upvote 0