iOS Question csbuilder problem

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I use the below code to create a menu item with icon and text below it.

B4X:
Sub menuleriayarla
    Dim cs As CSBuilder
    cs.Initialize.Alignment("ALIGN_LEFT")
    cs.Font(Font.CreateMaterialIcons(28)).Color(Colors.black).Append("").Pop.Append(CRLF)
    cs.Font(Font.DEFAULT).color(Colors.black).Append("Live Market").Pop
    cs.PopAll
    lblmenu1.AttributedText=cs

Dim cs As CSBuilder
    cs.Initialize.Alignment("ALIGN_CENTER")
    cs.Font(Font.CreateMaterialIcons(28)).Color(Colors.black).Append("").Pop.Append(CRLF)
    cs.Font(Font.DEFAULT).color(Colors.black).Append("Converter")
    cs.PopAll
    lblmenu2.AttributedText=cs
End Sub

In another app it shows perfect but with this , I can't understand . It only shows the first charachter of each menu item

please see image :

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if i copy the exact code from Erel's example which is apple : icon android: icon it shows in my app as A : ? for both lines. This was an old project which i am updating now , I checked if the special folder includes the new fonts , yes they are. There should be a mistake somewhere but where ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to create a blank project , copied all views from the old bil to new bil but i cant generate members for views it says , index out of range and i cant generate the members. maybe an old version view is corrupting the new version .

EDIT : I created a brand new app with new layout but still seeing the same thing.. I am missing stg but what ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It uses the material icons font for some reason and the material icons font only includes glyphes for upper case characters.

Can you upload a small project with the layout and that code?
here it is :

Attachments

• test.zip
    135.3 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It uses the material icons font for some reason and the material icons font only includes glyphes for upper case characters.

Can you upload a small project with the layout and that code?
sub menuleriayarla is the sub on start which adjusts the menu font with csbuilder

Upvote 0