B4J Question Custom WebSocket Based Push Framework Reconnect Issue

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I am using the Push Framework as a middle ware, to implement 2 way communication between a server and an android app running on few tablets in the fields

The results are close to perfect until the server drops the connection due to internet/WiFi connection failure . After the connection drops, you will see that the list of connected users is empty as expected.

The interesting thing that I am trying to resolve is this:
  • Android app, attempts to reconnect by sending connection request
  • Android App Connected Event is triggered
  • "Server_Ready" doesn't fire, no matter what I do on all the android tablets (restart etc...)
  • if I kill the B4J service and restart it, all is good within few seconds

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

1. Both middle ware server and forward to server located in the same office.
2. I will keep an eye on the log, but I don't think I saw an error

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

iCAB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try to reproduce it locally by killing the client app and then start it again. It should reconnect successfully.
Hi Erel
No matter what I do with the client app, at this point there is no way it will reconnect. I keep getting the exact same results as I described in the original post (no matter on how many different tablets I try this. Even restarting the tablets doesn't do it). The minute I restart the server, it all works fine.

Before we spend lots of time on this, let me try to duplicate the issue while the Server is running in Release mode, as the last time I encountered the issue the server was running in debug mode. I can't recall if all the previous incidents were using debug or release mode.

Thank you

Upvote 0