B4J Question CustomBuildAction conundrum

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
In support of using the Integrated B4JPackager11 I have the following code:

B4X:
    #CustomBuildAction: After Packager, %WINDIR%\System32\robocopy.exe, ..\ temp\build\bin\ jssc.dll
    #CustomBuildAction: After Packager, C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\Compil32.exe, /cc ../InstallerScript.iss

This has been working well, however yesterday I found that the resultant installer did not include that "troublesome" jssc.dll even though jssc.dll had been copied to temp\build\bin\ and I now suspect it is due to the delay on my machine of completing the copying of that file to temp\build\bin\ before the InstallerScript.iss script is run.

To confirm my suspicion I commented out:

B4X:
'    #CustomBuildAction: After Packager, C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\Compil32.exe, /cc ../InstallerScript.iss

and ran InstallerScript.iss manually. This resulted in an installer which now contained jssc.dll.

So:
  • Does each subsequent CustomBuildAction wait for completion of the previous one?
    • If not, can I introduce some delay or do I have to revert to manual execution of InstallerScript.iss?
    • If so, what other reason than the delay in copying jssc.dll could there be why it is not included in the installer?

Thanks in anticipation of some assistance in resolving this conundrum.