Android Question Datatransfer with HttpUtils2

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
May be, this problem is not from the software side, and you can't help, but I hope, you have some idea.
I wrote an B4A-app, that can synchronize my notes and datas with a ASP.Net-Server using the HttpUtils2.

'My Request:
Sub CallSyncServ(request As String)
Dim jobSync As HttpJob
jobSync.Initialize("JobSyncServ", Me)
Dim sServer As String = "http://myurl/mypage.aspx"
jobSync.PostString(sServer, request)
End Sub

'My Response:
Sub JobDone (Job As HttpJob)
If Job.Success = True Then
Select Job.JobName
Case "JobSyncServ"

Dim sResponse As String = Job.GetString
UpdateData(sResponse)

End Select
Else
Log("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage)
ToastMessageShow("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage, True)
End If
Job.Release
End Sub

It works fine. The problem is the price which my cellphone-provider wants for every synchronisation! The request- and the response-data are about max 3 KB. The android data-monitor is also telling me so. But for every synch more then 50 cent are leaving the prepaid-card. The provider should take 0,24 €/MB in steps of 10 KB, so it should take even not a cent.

Do I forget to close something or do you have any other ideas?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my own experience with an app i made for one of my clients, it was some other service running in the background that was eating away the pre-paid balance, in this case it was google play services and all the bloatware that comes pre-installed with the phones.

Hope this helps!
Walter

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if size is an issue (slow/price) then you (g)ZIP your data during the transfer and unzip it on the other side before processing.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…