Android Question Datatransfer with HttpUtils2

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
May be, this problem is not from the software side, and you can't help, but I hope, you have some idea.
I wrote an B4A-app, that can synchronize my notes and datas with a ASP.Net-Server using the HttpUtils2.

'My Request:
Sub CallSyncServ(request As String)
Dim jobSync As HttpJob
jobSync.Initialize("JobSyncServ", Me)
Dim sServer As String = "http://myurl/mypage.aspx"
jobSync.PostString(sServer, request)
End Sub

'My Response:
Sub JobDone (Job As HttpJob)
If Job.Success = True Then
Select Job.JobName
Case "JobSyncServ"

Dim sResponse As String = Job.GetString
UpdateData(sResponse)

End Select
Else
Log("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage)
ToastMessageShow("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage, True)
End If
Job.Release
End Sub

It works fine. The problem is the price which my cellphone-provider wants for every synchronisation! The request- and the response-data are about max 3 KB. The android data-monitor is also telling me so. But for every synch more then 50 cent are leaving the prepaid-card. The provider should take 0,24 €/MB in steps of 10 KB, so it should take even not a cent.

Do I forget to close something or do you have any other ideas?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
May be, this problem is not from the software side, and you can't help, but I hope, you have some idea.
I wrote an B4A-app, that can synchronize my notes and datas with a ASP.Net-Server using the HttpUtils2.

'My Request:
Sub CallSyncServ(request As String)
Dim jobSync As HttpJob
jobSync.Initialize("JobSyncServ", Me)
Dim sServer As String = "http://myurl/mypage.aspx"
jobSync.PostString(sServer, request)
End Sub

'My Response:
Sub JobDone (Job As HttpJob)
If Job.Success = True Then
Select Job.JobName
Case "JobSyncServ"

Dim sResponse As String = Job.GetString
UpdateData(sResponse)

End Select
Else
Log("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage)
ToastMessageShow("Error: " & Job.ErrorMessage, True)
End If
Job.Release
End Sub

It works fine. The problem is the price which my cellphone-provider wants for every synchronisation! The request- and the response-data are about max 3 KB. The android data-monitor is also telling me so. But for every synch more then 50 cent are leaving the prepaid-card. The provider should take 0,24 €/MB in steps of 10 KB, so it should take even not a cent.

Do I forget to close something or do you have any other ideas?
In my own experience with an app i made for one of my clients, it was some other service running in the background that was eating away the pre-paid balance, in this case it was google play services and all the bloatware that comes pre-installed with the phones.

Hope this helps!
Walter

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if size is an issue (slow/price) then you (g)ZIP your data during the transfer and unzip it on the other side before processing.

Upvote 0