Android Question decompile apk

hanyelmehy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
can i decompress apk created with B4A then inject additional data then compress it again to APK ?
the idea ,is to make standard APK for restuenat (for example),client well be able to use desktop app to store his special data ,then desktop app will rebuild his apk

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is signing things in the apk file which is just a .zip file.

chaning files inthere might lose the signing info.

there are ways with 3rd party tools to repackage an apk tho but I never tested them.

why don't you store his info on a website backend and pull it in in the open over http?

you just need a login and password to pull in the right data for the specific user/restorant.

Upvote 0

hanyelmehy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is signing things in the apk file which is just a .zip file.

chaning files inthere might lose the signing info.

there are ways with 3rd party tools to repackage an apk tho but I never tested them.

why don't you store his info on a website backend and pull it in in the open over http?

you just need a login and password to pull in the right data for the specific user/restorant.
Thank you for your idea
APK is just zip file ,but the problem when you compress it again to APK ,most time it well not work
also needed solution cant use store data on web site ,app need to be can work offline ,also need to change titles that well be show to client first time when he open app ,it's a kind off make full customization to app and republish it

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
if it doesn't work then it's probably because that signing stuff gets removed or messed up.

like I said you download that set of data (customer name, logo, title, his products etc) to the device and store it locally for offline access.

you can add a sync button or do a version check at app start to pull in new data.

Upvote 0