Bug? Designer window on extended desktop - bug or driver issue?

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Summary:
When opening the designer window on the extended desktop , the designer window does not open correctly unless it is full screen. If not full screen, the window contains garbage. On another Dell laptop with smaller displays, the problem does not appear. If the window is moved to the primary display, it looks normal. If the designer window is maximized, it looks normal.
- Reproduction Steps:
The laptop is a Dell Latitude E7470 running Windows 7, 64 bit Enterprise, Intel HD Graphic 520 video chipset, driver version 20.19.15.4390 dated 2/18/2016. Both primary and secondary displays are 1080p.
I suggest trying on a dual monitor setup with two 1080p displays. If it does not do it, the issue may be a display driver issue with that particular machine, but it seems to work well with all the other software I run on it.
- Actual Behavior: The designer window contains artifacts of the underlying window. Some elements are repainted when the mouse is moved across the designer window but not all of them. See screen shot attached.
- Expected Behavior:
On the other laptop I am using (Dell 630 with 1440x900 native display and 1200x1000 extended display), the designer window operates normally on both windows.

Attachments

• screen shot.png
    screen shot.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 165

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I was not able to make the change suggested in your link (the driver would not let me), but I had the video driver updated today (again) on this machine and the issue with the extended display has been resolved. This is a relatively new machine and the video driver has been updated 4 times since January, the last driver version that fixes this problem has a build date of a week ago...
Thanks for the response.