iOS Question Developing for iOS WiFi Hardware

rayzrocket

Licensed User
Longtime User
I primarily choose to use B4i and B4A because of the Bluetooth and WiFi abilities it has with ease (such as UDPSockets..Asyncstreams...).
Other cross development platforms I tried failed for me.
MY WISH: EASIER METHOD TO TEST MY APP THAT USES WIFI
Currently I do this:
1. 'Build Release App'
2. 'Download Last Build'
(both of which are two menus deep)
3. Run 'OTA Deployer' software
4. Copy/paste link into a webmail email to myself.
5. Open email on my phone
6. Click link and install app
I must have done this 30 times in last week. Booo Whooo..I know..I am such a whiner!
It would be nice to have single button to do steps 1, 2, and 3.
I understand Apple won't let us use a hardware cable to iOS phone/pad.
Perhaps develop a B4i Bridge app that has option to run via Bluetooth or Wifi (user chooses opposite of what connectivity their app uses).

rayzrocket

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I'm learning.
I only knew of two ways to test the app on my iPhone.
a. via B4i Bridge
b. OTA
Your message caused me to look further, so far I found 'Upload App to iTunes Connect'...which I haven't ever done before.
I'll try now after 'Build Release App' (Build Release App > Upload App to iTunes Connect > ??? next steps I'll figure out)
Maybe I'm on wrong track here? I dunno...
Is there a doc/thread on Anywhere Software methods available to test iOS app (without publishing)?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe I'm on wrong track here?
True.

Connect the device to the same network as the PC. Run your app in release mode: Alt + T + B + R (Tools - Build Server - Build Release app).
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is running. The app will be installed in release mode. Once it is installed you can switch to a different network.

Upvote 0

rayzrocket

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow! Thanks. Wish I knew that before. Works great!
This , like OTA method, allows me to disconnect from Bridge, switch WiFi network and run/test the app. Awesome!!
I browsed the B4X beginners guide and a few B4i tutorials, I must have missed this ability.

Upvote 0