Android Question Device Compatability

gadgetmonster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

Is there any way I can find out why Google is saying that my app is not compatible with a whole ton of devices? One of the devices is a Sony Xperia E1 so I went and got one to try it on. Sure enough, Google says no on Google play but when I install manually from B4A, everything works a treat.

I can see the device (Sony Xperia E1 D2005) in the google play excluded devices section but it gives no clue as to why.

Please help

TheMightySwe

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you need to add some rows in the manifest about some hardware?

Example:

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.usb.accessory" android:required="false" />

Upvote 0

gadgetmonster

Licensed User
Longtime User
The app is Day Journal (link in my sig) which uses the following:

ABWifi
ahaActionBar
AHLocale
AHViewerPager
Annimation
Archiver
Astro
AudioRecord
BitmapPlus
Camera
Clipboard
Core
Dialogs
DropboxSync
EZCamera
Geocoder
GoogleMaps
GPS
ICOSWorldForecast
IME
InAppBilling3
JPeg
JpegUtils
MediaBrowser
MESShareLibrary
MLStr
Network
NotificationBuilder
OSLibrary
Phone
RandomAccessFile
Reflection
RSImageProcessing
ScrollView2D
SQL
StringFunctions
StringUtils
SVG
Threading
UltimateListView
VBBitmap

and

XmlSax

Wow - thats a lot!

Upvote 0

TheMightySwe

Licensed User
Longtime User
My guess is that it has something to do with the camera. Put this lines in the manifest. But it's just a guess and maybe more experienced B4A can weigh in.

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus" android:required="false" />
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.flash" android:required="false" />

Upvote 0

gadgetmonster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks again, I will go through and add all hardware / software features that my app does not require in order to run. As mentioned in my OP, i bought an xperia E1 and whilst it does have a camera, it does not have a flash so maybe that is why google are saying it won't work.

For information, I found the following web page which lists the hardware and software features which may prove useful to others:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-feature-element.html

Upvote 0